When adopting a pet, we feel like we are getting a new family member, and naturally, we want to do anything we can to make them feel comfortable and happy in their new home. If you own a cat, ensuring them a proper place for potty time is essential to make them feel content and in charge of their own space. However, finding the right litter box can be a tricky thing, especially if you want to make it seem less conspicuous and not so easily noticeable when the guests drop in. That’s where we come in.
If you want a fully functional litter box that will stay hidden in plain sight, you can get your cat a litter box enclosure. These enclosures often come in the form of a cabinet or a night stand and they will blend in perfectly with the rest of your furniture, without disrupting the overall tone of your room. We looked over dozens of cat litter box furniture to identify the best products that will suit any budget, bearing in mind the size, materials, Amazon ratings, and other considerations. We picked out 5 of the top-rated cat litter box enclosures you can get for your beloved pet.
For giving your cat plenty of space and your litter box a great disguise, we’ve identified Merry Pet Washroom Pet House as a top choice. It’s carefully designed to blend in with your living space, while it provides your cat with maximum comfort and privacy.
In This Article
The 5 Top-Rated Cat Litter Box Furniture
|Best Overall||Merry Pet Washroom Pet House||4.1|
|Runner Up||ecoFlex Litter Loo, Litter Box Cover/End Table||4.2|
|Best Budget Buy||Trixie Wooden Cat Home||3.6|
|Best Hidden Litter Box Furniture||Good Pet Stuff Company Hidden Cat Litter Box||4.4|
|Best Dog-Proof Litter Box Furniture||Designer Catbox Litter Box Enclosure||3.6|
*Ratings are from Amazon at the time of publication and can change
Our Top Pick: Merry Pet Washroom Pet House
Merry Pet Washroom Pet House is an ideal enclosure for your cat’s litter box as it provides enough space for your pet and it doesn’t attract unwanted attention. Apart from hiding the litter box, it can also be used as a resting or sleeping area for your pet. It’s suitable for cats and small dogs.
This little cabinet is made of natural wood grains and it features magnetic door, wainscoting paneling, and stainless steel hardware. It needs to be assembled, but all the materials and the instructions are provided and are easy to follow. It comes in three colors: white, espresso, and walnut.
Merry Pet Washroom Pet House Key Features:
- A multi-functional litter box enclosure and a pet house
- Features magnetic door, natural wood grains, wainscoting paneling, and stainless steel hardware
- Requires simple assembling, the instructions and hardware are provided
- Comes in three colors: white, espresso, and walnut
- Suitable for cats and small dogs
Our Runner-Up Pick: ecoFlex Litter Loo, Litter Box Cover/End Table
The ecoFLEX Litter Loo serves as both an enclosure for a litter box and as a stylish end table that will elevate your living space. The Litter Loo is made of ecoFLEX, a non-toxic material that contains recycled plastic and reclaimed wood, so it has greater durability than regular wood. Also, it doesn’t absorb odor or moisture, so it’s quite easy to clean. The Litter Loo also has sealed floor that prevents leakage onto your floor.
The Litter Loo is available in standard and jumbo size, so you can put either a standard or a self-cleaning litter box. It comes in two colors: espresso and russet, and you can assemble it easily, without using tools. It’s available at the price of around $73.
The ecoFLEX Litter Loo Key Features:
- Made of non-toxic material that lasts longer than wood
- Resistant to moisture, odors, cracking, and splitting
- Features sealed floor to prevent leakage
- Available in standard and jumbo size
- It comes in white and russet
Best Budget Pick: Internet’s Best Decorative Cat House & Side Table Litter Box
This practical litter box enclosure can also be used as an indoor cat home and it comes at the price of about $70. It features wide door opening with magnetic closure, which makes the inner surfaces easily accessible for cleaning. It also has ventilation holes that enable air circulation.
According to the reviews, Internet’s Best Decorative Cat House & Side Table Litter Box is a sturdy piece of furniture that is of perfect medium size, so that it can accommodate most standard litter boxes and small pet beds. It features varnished wood finish that will blend in with any interior. It’s easily assembled and all hardware is included.
Internet’s Best Decorative Cat House & Side Table Litter Box Key Features:
- Can be used as a litter box enclosure and as a cat house
- Features wide door opening with magnetic closure
- Contains ventilation holes that enable air circulation
- Suitable for most standard litter boxes and small pet beds
Best Hidden Litter Box Furniture: Good Pet Stuff Company Hidden Cat Litter Box
Good Pet Stuff Company Hidden Cat Litter Box is a creative way to hide your cat’s litter box as it looks like a real clay pot with a plant and decorative moss included, and you can get it for about $60. The plants and the parts are conveniently placed between the top and bottom part of a litter box, making it a perfect disguise. It’s designed for large cats, so it provides plenty of space and privacy for one or more of your pet companions.
The litter box enclosure is built of polypropylene, which guarantees durability. Also, it contains filtered vented system that controls odors and dust. According to the reviewers, it’s particularly suitable for smaller apartments as it makes a perfect addition to the home interior that no one will suspect for a litter box hideaway.
Good Pet Stuff Company Hidden Cat Litter Box Key Features:
- Designed for large cats and multi-cat households
- Comes with a plant and decorative moss
- Contains vented system that keeps dust and odors at bay
- Made of durable polypropylene
Best Dog-Proof Litter Box Furniture: Designer Catbox Litter Box Enclosure
If your dog has a habit of looking for treats in your cat’s litter box, Designer Catbox Litter Box Enclosure is the answer to your problems. It’s designed to keep curious dogs away from the litter pan while providing comfort and space for private kitty activities. Prices start from $140 and what you get is a stylish piece of furniture with an interior panel and staggered entrance that prevents the litter ending up on the floor. The outer hole can be placed on left or right, so that your litter box is completely hidden from your guests.
Designer Catbox Litter Box Enclosure has lead-free, non-toxic paint and a glossy finish in order to last longer. It also features hydraulic safety hinge that holds lid up and enables easy cleaning. It is suitable for standard and high-backed litter pans, although larger litter pans can also fit in it provided that you don’t install the interior panel. It can be assembled easily, but you’ll need a Phillip’s head screwdriver.
Designer Catbox Litter Box Enclosure Key Features:
- Features interior panel and staggered entrance that prevents the litter getting onto the floor
- Painted with non-toxic, lead-free paint
- The outer hole can be placed on left or right
- Contains hydraulic safety hinge for easier cleaning
- Keeps dogs away from the litter
Who Should Buy Litter Box Furniture
Cats need some space and privacy when performing their activities, so a litter box furniture can be their ideal resting area and comfort zone. Unlike most standard litter boxes, litter box enclosures provide much more space for your cats and all your litter accessories along with ventilation systems that keep odors at bay and other special features that prevent leakage from getting onto your floor, for example. Also, many cat owners do not like litter boxes lying around the house and attracting attention, so a common problem they encounter is how to hide a litter box and other supplies from friends and guests when they drop by. Litter box furniture is a perfect hiding place for a cat’s litter box as it is designed to blend in with your living space and remain unseen by visitors.
Litter box furniture allows your pet uninterrupted private sessions, while it also stores all litter supplies and keeps them hidden from sight. They can also be stylish additions to your interior design that enhance your living space.
Important Features to Consider
Litter box furniture should do several things well. Here’s what to consider when selecting a litter box enclosure for your cat:
- The size. When searching for litter box furniture for your cat, make sure that it is the right size. If you have a larger cat, make sure to choose a larger litter box enclosure that can hold more weight and that can accommodate larger litter pans. Your cat should be able to move freely in it, so you need to ensure that they have enough space while performing their activities and that they are comfortable doing so. If you have a smaller or older cat, make sure that the entrance isn’t too high, so that they wouldn’t have trouble reaching it.
- The materials. When buying litter box furniture, pay attention to materials they are made of. It’s advisable to look for something durable and sturdy that can resist scratching or kicking. Also, there are blends of different materials that are specially designed to be resistant to cat urine and that don’t absorb moisture and unpleasant smells. In addition, check what type of paint is used. It’s in better interest of both you and your pet to look for litter box furniture with paint that doesn’t contain lead or any other toxic chemicals that can potentially endanger your health.
- Proper ventilation. It’s extremely important that your litter box enclosure has excellent ventilation system that promotes air circulation. It will prevent bad odor from sticking around and it is necessary for creating a healthy and comfortable environment for your cat.
- Easy cleaning. Your litter box enclosure should be quite easy to clean, allowing easy access to inner surfaces. Most litter box enclosure have front entrance, and some of them can also open from the top, so that you can clean it quicker and more efficiently, thus getting rid of the dirt, dust, and bad odor.
- The color and design. As litter box furniture is carefully designed to hide litter accessories and blend in with your living space, it’s up to you to decide on the color and design that fits best with your home environment. Many of these enclosures look like nightstands or end tables in order to be unnoticeable to the guests and no different from regular furniture. Also, most of them are available in neutral colors, such as white or brown, so they can easily be incorporated into any décor.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is cat litter box furniture?
Cat litter box furniture is a type of enclosure that is designed to store litter boxes and other litter supplies. It provides cats with plenty of space and privacy for their activities. It often looks like a regular piece of furniture, such as tables or cabinets, so it is efficient in keeping the litter box out of sight while it doesn’t spoil your room décor.
How big should a cat’s litter box be?
The size of the litter box largely depends on the size of the cat. Your cat should have enough space to move and to feel comfortable while inside. There is a general rule of thumb that the litter box should be at least one and a half times the length of the cat, excluding the tail, and at least the same width as the cat’s length is. That way they’ll have plenty of room for maneuver. If you’re not sure, it’s always advisable to choose a bigger size.
Do cats like to share litter boxes?
This can depend from one cat to another, but in general, it is advisable that every cat in your home has their own litter box. Cats are territorial creatures and if they are forced to share one litter box with another cat, it may lead to confrontation or they may end up going to the toilet elsewhere in your home. The Humane Society of the United States recommends having one litter box for each cat, and one spare. If you have several litter boxes, it’s also advisable to place them far away from each other if possible, for the same reasons. However, as stated earlier, it differs from cat to cat, and there are many instances of cats that share one litter box without any problems.
Is cat litter box furniture easy to clean?
Almost all litter box furniture has front entrance that makes the cleaning fairly easy. Also, some of the litter box enclosures are also able to open from the top, allowing you easy access to inner surfaces.
Other Litter Box Furniture We Reviewed
We looked at 20 other pieces of litter box furniture. Even though they didn’t make our top 5 best litter box furniture, they’re the best of the rest and each is still a great option for your cat. The information you’ll need to compare each one is included with the listing.
This multi-functional pet house provides your cat with plenty of space for their private activities along with extra storage shelf for litter supplies. It features table surface and enhances your living space with its elegant design and white color.
- Serves as a cat house and fits in with any décor
- Provides extra storage shelf and a table surface
- Attractive white design
- Easy assembly
Cost: Est. $90
This cat litter cabinet is made of durable hardwood with a lacquered finish to suit any décor. It features MDF floor that doesn’t absorb liquids and odor. Top is held open with a spring-loaded hinge to enable easy cleaning. It also has an interchangeable panel that can be assembled on left or right and non-marking furniture glide feet that protect floors.
- Made of durable hardwood with la acquered finish
- Features open top and interchangeable panels
- Contains furniture glide feet for floor protection
- Accommodates large litter pans
Cost: Est. $188
This small cabinet can simply be placed over the litter box and be used as an end table, nightstand or accent table. It features an attractive design with paw print cutouts and a kitty silhouette.
- Small-sized cabinet that can be placed over the litter box
- Fits in with your living room space as a nightstand or accent table
- Features paw print cutouts and a kitty silhouette
Cost: Est. $49
Kitty comfort room looks great as a nightstand while it hides litter box and provides a sleeping and resting area for your pet. It features a stainless steel towel bar for easier organization. The doors open wide to enable easy cleaning.
- Efficiently hides litter box and serves as a nightstand and resting area for pets
- Features a stainless steel towel bar for easier organization
- Easy cleaning made possible by wide-opening doors
Cost: Est. $115
This product functions as a litter box enclosure and a pet house, while it makes a stylish addition to your living space as a side table. It features the hinged door and a decorative pet hole so that your cat can enter or leave anytime. It’s available in espresso and white.
- Functions as a litter box enclosure and a pet house
- Can be used as a nightstand or a side table
- Features hinged door and a cat hole
- Available in white and espresso
Cost: Est. $58
This pet ottoman efficiently hides your litter box while providing your cat with plenty of space and privacy. It features a sturdy construction of MDF and PVC leather with a cushiony top. It’s designed to keep odor locked inside.
- Made with MDF and PVC leather
- Designed to keep odor locked inside
- Features a cushiony top
- Accommodates large litter pans
Cost: Est. $60
Merry Products Cat Washroom Bench is designed to fit any size litter box, including extra-large automatic boxes. It features a removable partition that provides extra storage for litter, scoop, and other supplies. The entrance can be placed on both sides in accordance with the room. It comes in white and walnut.
- Designed to fit any size litter box
- Features removable partition to store pet supplies
- The entrance can be placed on both sides
- Available in white and walnut
Cost: Est. $130
This piece of litter box furniture functions as a cat’s toilet and as a cat’s house. It conceals messy litter while fitting perfectly with your home décor. It features latch holding the door to prevent the cat from escaping. It’s available in espresso and white.
- Functions as a litter enclosure and a pet house
- Features latch holding to prevent cats from escaping
- Quick and easy assembly, waterproof
- Available in espresso and white
Cost: Est. $100
This double-decker litter box enclosure also serves as a pet house with two stories for one or two cats, or you can use the top section for litter supplies. It features the door with latch to prevent cats from escaping. It’s available in espresso and white.
- Double-decker cat litter enclosure and a pet house
- Features two stories for one or two cats
- Features the door with latch to prevent cats from escaping
- Available in espresso and white
Cost: Est. $180
Pet Hup Hup litter box enclosure can also be used as a pet house and a nightstand. It provides extra storage shelf and a towel rack attached to the side. It features hinged door and a cat-shaped hole for easy entrance. It’s spacious and can accommodate standard litter pans and pet beds.
- Can be used as a litter box enclosure and a pet house
- Provides extra storage shelf and a towel rack
- Features hinged door and a cat-shaped hole
- Accommodates standard litter pans and pet beds
Cost: Est. $70
This small cat litter box enclosure can fit anywhere and it’s made of natural light wood, which is treated with odor and moisture-resistant finish to minimize unpleasant smells. It can be flipped left or right to enable entrance on both sides.
- Small-sized cabinet that fits anywhere
- Made of natural wood treated with moisture and odor-resistant paint
- Can be flipped left or right to allow easy entrance
Cost: Est. $70
Refined Litter Box is a wood cabinet that conveniently hides litter trays and contains a top drawer for other litter supplies. It features an internal plastic liner with high walls to catch stray litter, slots that absorb odor, and reversible walls to enable entrance on both left and right side.
- Contains internal plastic liner to catch stray litter and a top drawer to store litter supplies
- Features rear slots that absorb smells and reversible walls for left and right entrance
- Fits large and jumbo size litter pans
Cost: Est. $184
This small-sized piece of furniture works great as a litter box disguise and a resting area for your cat. It can be flipped left or right to enable entrance on both sides. Its minimalist design is suitable for any décor.
- Small-sized litter box enclosure and resting area
- Can be flipped on left or right for easy access
- Minimalist design to fit in with any décor
Cost: Est. $40
This modern-looking litter box enclosure is designed to be space-saving and it can fit any corner. It’s made of solid wood and flannelette cushion. It features rubber pads at the bottom. It can also be used as a sleeping and resting area.
- Designed to be space-saving
- Made of solid wood and flannelette cushion
- Features rubber pads at the bottom
Cost: Est. $33
This multi-functional piece of furniture serves as a litter box enclosure and a place for rest and playtime. It’s made of durable, high-quality plastic. It features translucent doors, a flipping rooftop with litter scoop, and storage for the scoop. In order to clean, you should unlatch locks on the base.
- Can be used as a litter enclosure and a resting and playtime area
- Made of high-quality plastic
- Features translucent door, a flipping rooftop, and storage for litter scoop
- Litter scoop and machine washable cushion item included
- Unlatching of locks on the base required for cleaning
Cost: Est. $52
PetFusion ModestCat Litter Box Enclosure is specially designed for cat households as it can store even the largest litter boxes. It contains a bamboo frame and scratch-proof plastic panels that are flexible, safe, and easy to clean. It features open-floor design with multiple entry points, customized height, and semi-transparent panels that relieve of claustrophobic feeling.
- Conceals even the largest litter boxes
- Features open-floor design
- Contains a bamboo frame and semi-transparent and scratch-proof panels
Cost: Est. $65
Mr. Herzher’s Cat Litter Box Enclosure is made of wicker that doesn’t absorb fluids and odors and that enables easy cleaning with soap and water. It features the catch tray at the bottom that helps protect the floor from litter and your cat’s potty “misses”. It’s available in large and jumbo size to accommodate most litter pans.
- Wicker design that doesn’t absorb odor or fluids
- Features a catch tray to protect the floor from litter
- Available in jumbo and large size
Cost. Est. $102
Way Basics Cat Litter Box is made of zBoard recycled paperboard, which is eco-friendly, non-toxic and free of formaldehyde and VOC, thus providing sustainability and durability. It features two doors and comes with a cat scratch pad included. It’s available in black, white, espresso, and neutral.
- Made of recycled paperboard, toxin-free, formaldehyde-free, and VOC-free
- Features two doors
- Cat scratch pad included
- Available in black, white, espresso, and neutral
Cost: Est. $80
Large Cat Litter Box Furniture is a fully-assembled disguise for your cat’s litter box that’s available in 5 colors. It’s fully carpeted with a removable lid for easy cleaning. It works great for larger litter pans and cats that have a habit of kicking their litter out of the litter box.
- Fully carpeted
- Features a removable lid
- Accommodates large litter pans and potentially litter and scoop as well
Cost: Est. $90
This spacious litter box enclosure comes fully assembled and is ready to use right out of the box. It’s made of solid wood and carpeting. It features large opening in the front and a removable top for easy cleaning. It helps eliminate odor and comes in five colors to blend in with any décor.
- Pre-assembled enclosure that accommodates large litter boxes
- Made of solid wood and carpeting
- Helps eliminate odor
- Available in beige, brown, blue, green, and grey
Cost: Est. $84