Finding pet hair on floors, furniture, and clothing is a common pain point for pet owners. As much as we love snuggling our feline friends, we don’t always love how their hair attaches to everything we own. When warm weather approaches, it’s natural for cats to shed even more hair than normal, making it a challenge for pet owners to keep their homes fur-free. This presents an issue, especially, for people who suffer from pet allergies. Pet hair isn’t easily removable with a vacuum, so pet hair removers come in handy for removing pet hair that’s already ended up on clothing or furniture.
We reviewed dozens of pet hair removers to identify the best of the best, based on Amazon reviews, necessary features, and additional benefits that make pet hair removal as easy as possible for kitty owners. Our search led us to choose the top 5 pet hair removers for keeping your home and clothing free of the furries.
We’ve identified the ChomChom Roller Pet Hair Remover as the best product for removing pet hair from virtually anything it sticks to. This roller doesn’t use sticky adhesives to remove hair, so it’s reusable and convenient for pet owners to keep furniture and clothing hair and dander-free.
In This Article
The 5 Top-Rated Pet Hair Removers
|Best Overall||ChomChom Roller Pet Hair Remover||4.7|
|Runner Up||SEALEN Reusable Pet Hair Cleaner||4.4|
|Best Budget Pick||Evercare Magik Brush||4.4|
|Best Pet Hair Remover Gloves||Pat Your Pet Grooming Gloves||4.5|
|Best Pet Hair Remover Brush||Pet Neat Pet Grooming Brush||4.7|
*Ratings are from Amazon at the time of publication and can change
Our Top Pick: ChomChom Roller Pet Hair Remover
The ChomChom Roller Pet Hair Remover features a patented brush design that, when rolled over hair-covered surfaces or clothing, scoops up and removes pet hair. The brushes store fur and lint in the temporary holder, so you can keep cleaning and empty it when you’re done. The design allows for one-handed use to give the roller a few swipes over furniture or clothing for fast and easy hair removal.
This pet hair roller is in the pricier range for hair removal tools, but since pet owners can reuse it multiple times, it’ll pay for itself with a fur-free home. The patented durable brush system grasps hair with ease without bending or warping its shape. Pet owners who’ve purchased the roller for their homes have noticed that it removes hair quicker than similar products using just a few strokes over hair-covered surfaces.
With more than 2,800 Amazon reviews and a 4.7-star rating from satisfied pet owners, we believe that fur-parents won’t find many pet hair removal tools that are more convenient or efficient than the ChomChom Roller Pet Hair Remover.
ChomChom Roller Pet Hair Remover Key Features:
- Durable brush system grips hair from virtually any surface
- Reusable with no adhesives
- Stores hair and lint for convenient disposal
Our Runner Up Pick: SEALEN Reusable Pet Hair Cleaner
The SEALEN Reusable Pet Hair Cleaner is small enough to carry in a purse or store inside a glovebox, but this compact tool has a significant impact on pet hair. The pet hair remover consists of a dense fiber foam that attracts pet hair when you swipe it against surfaces. However, hair doesn’t stick to the foam itself. Instead, it uses a static-free clinging technology that allows you to pull it off and discard it easily, leaving a clean surface for future uses.
Pet owners can use the hair remover on various surfaces, like clothing, couches, cat towers, and bedding, but those who have purchased it find it particularly helpful for getting pet hair off car seats after their furry friends enjoy a ride. Most pet owners are also impressed by how long the square block lasts without needing a replacement, even after daily use. SEALEN guarantees its product for up to one year.
The product currently has a 4.4-star rating from close to 200 reviewers, which means that plenty of happy pet owners have found the cleaner to be one of the best options for controlling fur and dander.
SEALEN Reusable Pet Hair Cleaner Key Features:
- High-density, long-lasting fiber foam
- Static-free, adhesive-free clinging technology
- 1-year guarantee
Best Budget Pick: Evercare Magik Brush
The Evercare Magik Brush is a good choice for pet owners who tend to get their pet’s fur stuck everywhere but where it should be (on your pet!). This brush isn’t for brushing your pet’s coat, but instead for quickly and easily removing hair that makes its way on clothing, furniture, and other clingy surfaces.
The Evercare Magik Brush is a tool you can store right by the washing machine and dryer to take any excess fur off clothing after it’s gone through the drying cycle. Or, keep it tucked away in your purse to keep your clothes looking fresh all day long. The static-free clinging action of the velvet brush attracts hair without leaving a sticky residue on your clothing. The brush is reusable with no adhesives. At just over $7, this versatile brush can keep virtually anything clean that’s in the path of pet hair without owners needing to spend money on multiple tools. With such a low price, you might even consider purchasing a couple of them to store one in your car’s glovebox if your pet likes to travel with you.
Evercare Magik Brush Key Features:
- Durable felt surface is static-free and snag-free
- Small enough to be portable
Best Pet Hair Remover Gloves: Pat Your Pet Grooming Gloves
Cats are known for loving a good rubbing from their beloved owners, and the Pat Your Pet Grooming Gloves can help you get a little more out of your feline bonding time. In addition to giving your cat the petting they crave, you can use these gloves to gently remove excess hair from her coat before it ends up on the floor, bedding, or your black shirt.
These gloves are comfortable to wear, made from stretchy material that will fit most hand shapes. The rubber nubs work their way into your pet’s coat to carefully and painlessly remove any hair that’s lying around while giving him a relaxing massage. Cats that get anxious with brushing might prefer the use of these grooming gloves.
Not surprisingly, this is one of Amazon’s best-selling grooming gloves. Owners of cats with long or short fur are pleased with the gloves’ ability to remove hair faster than a brush can. With more than 2,000 reviews and a 4.5 rating, it’s clear that the Pat Your Pet Grooming Gloves are winners for both owners and their furry friends.
Pat Your Pet Grooming Gloves Key Features:
- Dual purpose for petting and hair removal
- Includes gloves for both hands
- Hair clings to gloves to keep it contained
Best Pet Hair Remover Brush: Pet Neat Pet Grooming Brush
The Pet Neat Pet Grooming Brush is a de-shedding tool that allows pet owners to take a proactive approach toward keeping their homes, and themselves, free from pet hair. Four-inch stainless-steel blades reach into your pet’s coat to pull out excess fur, which remains on the brush for easy removal. The blades are rust-resistant, so you can even use the brush on wet fur after your pet’s bath.
Thanks to its convenient brush and handle design, pet owners can grasp the grooming brush with one hand, so they can have the other hand free to give their pet a calming rub and remove hair from the brush. The brush also features a removable head design with a quick-release function to clean out hair that might get trapped in, or under, the head.
The Pet Neat Pet Grooming Brush has more than 2,500 reviews and a 4.7-star rating on Amazon, proving that it’s an effective product to reduce shedding. Customers have used this brush on pets with a variety of coat types, from short to long and straight to curly, so it should meet the needs of most pet coats.
Pet Neat Pet Grooming Brush Key Features:
- Removable blade head for easy cleaning
- Reaches far into the undercoat to pull out excess hair
- Stainless-steel and rust-free blades
Who Should Buy a Pet Hair Remover
Most cats do shed at least a little hair, but some shed much more than others. Those with long fur, for example, typically shed more hair than cats with short coats, but you’ll probably still find fur on your cat’s bed, cat trees, floors, furniture, and clothing. Cats also shed more seasonally as warmer weather approaches. Pet hair removers can come in handy for any pet owner who has a shedding cat.
If you or anyone in your family has problems with allergies involving pet hair, removal tools can be especially beneficial for your home. Depending on the type of remover, you can get rid of excess fur on your pet before it reaches clothing or surfaces, or you can easily clean up hair that’s already reached parts of your home your cat ventures into. Keeping your home as free of pet hair as possible can help allergy sufferers have fewer, or less drastic, symptoms.
Important Features to Consider
A pet hair remover should remove excess pet hair from coats or help you keep your home and clothing fur-free. Here’s what to consider when selecting a pet hair remover:
- Coat or surface removal. There are two main types of pet hair removers: those that pull excess fur from your pet’s coat and those used to clean up fur that your pet has already shed. The type of tool you choose will depend on the purpose you’re looking for. To take a proactive approach to shedding, look for a tool you can use directly on your pet, like a glove or brush meant to pull fur from coats. For after-shedding hair removal, you’ll want a product like a roller or brush you can use on clothing and furniture.
- Portability. Vacuums and other large pet hair removal tools might work well, but they’re not quite as convenient as smaller tools that you can use on-the-go. Brushes, rollers, gloves, and other small tools can go with you wherever you need them.
- Comfort. Pet hair removers should be comfortable both for you and your pet. Make sure that any tools you’ll need to hold or wear are designed to fit comfortably in, or on, your hand. If you’ve never tried de-shedding tools on your cat, you might need to test a couple of product types before learning what he’s most comfortable with.
- Durability. A tool that wears out after a few uses, even if it’s extremely affordable, isn’t worth your time or money. Pet hair removers should consist of durable, long-lasting materials that won’t warp, break, tear, or rust. Look for material names like rubber, silicone, heavy-duty fiber bristles, or hard plastic when searching for products.
- Reusability. Many pet hair removal tools for clothing use non-reusable adhesives (like sticky lint rollers) to pick up hair. Although they often work well, you’ll need to keep buying refills to keep them working. It’s convenient – and cost-efficient – to find reusable products that instead use non-adhesive surfaces that attract pet fur and can be used time and time again.
Frequently Asked Questions
What pet hair removers work the best on furniture and clothing?
Pet hair removers meant for lifting hair from fabric aren’t the same tools you’d use on your pet. Generally, hair removal tools for fabric have an adhesive, or some type of clinging fabric or bristle, surface that attracts hair to gently pull it away from your clothing or furniture. Brushes and rollers are some of the best options for this purpose because they’re portable, lightweight, and pull hair gently to prevent pulls or tears in fabric.
What pet hair removers work the best on pets?
Pet hair removers are usually in the form of gloves that pet owners can wear to both groom and pet their cats at the same time, or a brush that grooms the coat and removes loose fur. These brushes differ from fabric brushes in that they’ll have bristles or nubs to reach deeply into a pet’s coat to grasp hair.
Can cats and dogs use the same types of pet hair removers?
You’ve probably noticed that we talk about pet hair removers in general rather than focus solely on cat hair removers. That’s because the tools won’t usually vary between cats and dogs. Dog and cat coats are similar in the way they grow and shed fur, so the removal process won’t differ.
What you will have to take into consideration when selecting the right tool is your pet’s personality. Cats are, generally, more independent and finicky than dogs, so they sometimes prefer a gentler, less intrusive approach to grooming, like using a deshedding glove.
How can I help my cat enjoy my help with grooming?
Generally, cats are good self-groomers, naturally. Your kitty might not appreciate your help with grooming by using a brush or glove. Most cats will, however, get more used to the idea after you take simple approaches to make them feel comfortable with the tool.
Spend just a couple of minutes a few times a day attempting to brush your cat or stroke him with grooming gloves. Try to stretch out the time gradually, spending a couple more minutes each day grooming him. You can also lay the brush or gloves by his favorite lounging spot. Sometimes, all it takes is more time seeing and smelling an object for your feline friend to feel more at ease with it.
Other Pet Hair Removers We Reviewed
We looked at 20 other pet hair removers. Even though they didn’t make our 5 best pet hair removers list, they’re the best of the rest and each is still a great option for your cat. The information you’ll need to compare each one is included with the listing.
Pet Hair Remover Brushes
Use this brush to gently remove pet hair from clothing, furniture, and carpets in the home or car.
- Rubber bristles don’t snag fabric
- Non-adhesive, electrostatic attraction
- Comfort handle
Remove shedding hair from your cat before it ends up around the house with this grooming rake. Its rounded bristles ensure a comfortable experience for your feline friend.
- Double-sided, multi-use head for deshedding, dematting, detangling, and more
- Rounded ends work great on sensitive skin
- Contouring silicone handle
This slicker brush helps keep your pet’s coat healthy and free from shedding fur for owners who want to take a proactive approach to hair control.
- Removes matts, tangles, and shedding fur
- Firm, but gentle, bristles
- Massaging comfort
The Hertzko Self Cleaning Slicker Brush is self-cleaning. With the push of a button, you can retract the bristles to easily clean off fur it removed.
- Easy-clean retracting bristles
- Anti-slip handle
- Fine, long bristles reach deep into the coat
These hair removers don’t look like ordinary brushes, but their rubber nubs work just as well to clean pet hair from bedding, carpets, furniture, and clothing.
- Easy to clean with soap and water
- Made from durable silicone
- Uses electrostatic cling instead of adhesive
Use this grooming tool to massage your cat’s skin, groom his coat, and remove excess hair from the undercoat.
- Stainless-steel teeth are rust-proof; excellent for wet or dry brushing
- Dual-head design for effective detangling and deshedding
- Works well on medium to long coats
Pet Hair Remover Gloves
This glove will detangle, massage, and de-shed your cat while you pet her. Flip it over and use the velour side to clean fur from furniture and clothing!
- Double-sided for use on either hand
- Adjustable wristband
- 255 silicon tips
Looking for a glove your pet loves getting groomed with? These gloves can massage your pet while you wear them to remove loose hair.
- Works on wet or dry fur
- Breathable material
- 180 soft tips massage pets during use
HandsOn Gloves are flexible enough to contour to your cat’s body shape as you pet and groom him, yet are durable and long-lasting.
- Available in several sizes
- Scrubbing nodules help lift loose hair during baths
- Three color options
Use this grooming glove with comfortable mesh and padding to prevent your cat’s shedding hair from landing in your home.
- Traps pet hair as it works
- Lifetime guarantee
The nub design on these grooming gloves is effective in stimulating your pet’s skin and giving him a comforting massage while gently gripping excess hair.
- Adjustable strap
- Three sizes
- Works on short and long fur
Pet Hair Remover Rollers
For quick hair removal around the home, the Evercare Pet Extreme Stick Plus will do the trick.
- Outer cover keeps adhesive roller reusable
- Works on clothing and furniture
- Curved handle is easy to hold
This roller set comes with a large roller to pick up hair around the home and a small roller for clothing and car seats.
- Non-adhesive rollers
- Washes easily with soap and water
- Includes covers to keep rollers lint-free
This roller uses brushes to lift hair and store it in the convenient compartment, so you can clean it out when you’re ready.
- Hair stays in the trap after removal
- Quick one-button trap release
- Brushes are gentle on clothing and upholstery
Other Pet Hair Removers
Wear this small mitt on either hand and you can quickly remove pet hair wherever you go. Customers love that the mitt isn’t bulky like a typical lint roller.
- Small enough to fit in a purse
- Comes with 10 mitts
- Leaves no residue
Cleaning pet hair from carpets and drapes no longer has to be a chore. This broom is 12 inches long and has an extending handle for hard-to-reach places.
- Handle adjusts from 36 to 60 inches
- Squeegee edge can also clean windows and floors after removing hair
- Natural rubber bristles attract hair
The Fur-Zoff Hair Remover might not look attractive, but the reusable tool quickly removes hair from furniture, car upholstery, and clothing with a few swipes.
- Small and portable
- Cleans easily
This small tool reaches deep into carpeting and upholstery to remove embedded fur that most vacuums and brushes can’t reach.
- Perfectly sized for use in the car
- Flexible silicone edges get in hard-to-reach spots
- Doesn’t snag fabrics
The Petmate GripSoft Pet Hair Remover is like a squeegee for hair removal. Swipe it over a surface and hair will cling to the rubber blade for convenient cleaning with a quick rinse.
- Rubber blade is safe for most fabrics
- Ergonomic handle
- 7-inch blade makes cleaning up efficient
For kitties who love to rub, the STARROAD Cat Self Groomer meets their needs for comfort while also getting rid of excess hair on their face and bodies.
- Self-soothing for cats
- Soft rubber bristles give a gentle massage
- Brushes are removable to clean